Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I've been decorating with jars of sand and candles for 15 years, but I like this twist from Completely-coastal.com. (I couldn't link back to the lanterns directly, but you don't exactly need a tutorial for this.)


I wouldn't make it exactly like this but would tie 2 strands of jute around the jar like this jar from SnippetsOfCreations,


and attach shells dangling at the ends. I think my way would be easier, but mixing it up would really look great out on the deck. By the way, I'm digging the painted jar and am thinking Silhouette project and monogram instead of the heart - a reverse frosted glass. Think of the color and holiday possibilities! It makes me want to jump up and start right now, but I'm ice packing my back, so maybe tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment